Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Another Dress Chosen!

I can go into the Thanksgiving holiday breathing easy...another dress has been decided!

This morning, I was informed that Hilary has chosen the dress she wants to wear in the wedding. Instead of going with the one she orignally wanted, she has chosen the strapless little number you see here (left). Super cute and looked excellent on her, this dress will be a great compliment to the other dresses chosen to date.

So as of right now, we have five dresses chosen and three to go. So excited! Once all of the girls choose their dress, I will have to post them all together on here so we can examine what they will all look like together.

Now I should start taking inventory on the other things I want to get squared away before the holidays are upon us...things like hotel rooms, flowers and cake!

One final thought regarding bridesmaid attire...
The battle of the shoes:

As I mentioned before, I am trying to decide what color of shoes will go best with an emerald green dress. I have narrowed my choices to silver or nude.

Here two pictures I took on Sunday to get an idea of which shoe color looks best. The emerald dress in the photo is not exact, but it is pretty close to the dress color I chose. What color looks best to you? (Silver on left and nude on right)...

My way of thinking: the guys will be in gray, thus the silver shoes on the girls would match and provide an extra bit of pizzazz!

The nude shoes provide a more muted color scheme...and I like that it blends pretty well with skin (thus would not stick out too much), but I am not sure that nude would look better than silver.

I guess it honestly just depends on the theme I am trying to create for the day. Thoughts?? Suggestions??

3 comments:

  1. I vote silver :) BUT I will wear anything you tell me to wear! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the silver! And unlike Anna, I will not wear anything you tell me to wear. I'll be wearing silver. Unless you want me to clash with everyone, you'd better just pick silver.
    Seriously though, I think we'll all be much more likely to wear silver shoes again. Plus they just look better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always a fan of nude! :-)

    ReplyDelete