Monday, May 31, 2010

Odds and Ends

When it comes to decorations at the reception, I am thinking less is more. I do not plan on having tablecloths on the indoor tables (why cover those beautiful wood tables?), but I do want some fabric overlays/decor on the cake table, buffet table, etc. And the outdoor tables will need a little pizazz.

Mom and I spent some time out in Hamburg this afternoon looking at random things for the wedding. They had many fabric patterns out in two-yard quantities for sale...I scooped up two burnt orange fabrics and one grass green fabric. I think I can use these for some of my "extra" tables mentioned above. 

Not sure exactly what I will do, but here are some potential ideas (or at least images to provide inspiration): 


I like the runner idea on this table...

I love this fabric look! So bunchy and fun!
This overlay is pretty. My thought exactly for the outside tables. Except some of those will end up being high top tables.

Also, when it comes to fabric, DaRae did not have cloth napkins at Keene Run for use. That may change before our September wedding, but I may end up needing to rent some. I really like this Martha Stewart idea for napkins:


These napkins echo the mood of the day: "we tied the knot!"

Other notes from this weekend: finally completed a few DIY projects, purchased my first round of shower thank-you cards, bought two large white metal buckets for sparkler collection (post grand exit), completed mine and Jacob's seat markers, purchased all paper and envelopes for our invitations/RSVP cards/programs/signage/etc, determined our basic menu for the reception, discussed our alcohol plan for the reception and spent time hunting for photos for a special montage. What a weekend! Happy Memorial Day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment