Friday, May 21, 2010

A touch of cotton

Unless it is the dead of winter, you will not find me in socks. I have long been known for my deep appreciation of flip flops. Despite this, I can still appreciate a good pair of socks.

One of my favorite wedding bloggers, the Budget Savvy Bride, and her now-husband bought each of their groomsmen a pair of fun socks to wear in their May 2009 wedding. The photographer captured a few great photos of the guys in these socks--they look like so much fun!

Sneak peek:

Drawing on their wedding for inspiration, and trying to find a similar way to give the groomsmen something fun to wear, I came across these socks at J. Crew:
 

I bought a pair to examine them in person. Jacob seems to be ok with them though I cannot get a definitive answer from him on whether he likes them or not. I know part of his indecision is because he is not sure on whether the guys would like these (or my idea) or not. I say, what the heck?

Did you do anything special for the typically un-fussed over groomsmen in your wedding? What was it?

1 comment:

  1. I'm a fan of Budget Savvy Bride. The fun socks are great groomsmen gifts. This is what I like about weddings, anything goes. You can personalize a wedding experience. Not just for yourself but to the guests as well.
    novelty cufflinks

    ReplyDelete