Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wedding party: 8+8=16

Sixteen. Jacob and I are going to have a total of 16 attendants standing by us when we exchange vows next September. I know, it sounds pretty overwhelming, but that is just how it is going to be. The more I think about it, the more excited I am to have eight of my closest friends by my side. On top of that, pictures will be symmetrical…four on each side (and eight on each side for the whole wedding party). Symmetry is definitely key.

So who are my beloved bridesmaids? Well, I have Trish, my maid of honor. And then there are my sisters, Katie and Kimberly. And Jacob’s sister, Rachel. And there are Hilary and Crystal, girls I grew up with in school. And of course Erin and Anna, girls I grew up with in church. Each of my bridesmaids represents a part of who I am and how I got to where I am today. I love each of them very much!

My girls are wearing dresses in the most gorgeous shade of emerald green. I chose a line (Forever Yours) and am letting each of them choose the dress that best suits their personalities. (The girls are all VERY different – by personality, look and shape and I felt that different dresses would allow for each of them to shine through!) I am pretty excited about their dresses. I am in the process of helping each of them try dresses on and figure out what they like. Goal is to have these dresses ordered by mid-January.

I think the toughest part of having eight bridesmaids, with differing interests, will be when it comes to choose the thank you gifts. I have already been toying with a few ideas…but I am going to keep those a secret so they don’t find out!

Jacob’s guys are just as diverse…I think that will create a very fun (and unique) wedding party! His guys include (in no particular order): his brother Seth; close friends Clayton, Kyle, Grant, Len, Justin and Brian; and cousin Chad. I am trying to talk Jacob into letting them wear gray tuxedos (or suits…just something GRAY). I think the gray and emerald would look beautiful together. If we do go with gray, I don’t know that I would want them in emerald vests…too prom-like for my taste.

Well that is the wedding party…

No comments:

Post a Comment