Thursday, October 29, 2009

Taking Inventory

With a 17 month engagement, I knew that we would have plenty of time for planning...being engaged...and saving money. However, I think the extra time has made me lazy! Jacob and I have been engaged for nearly 7 months already and I feel like there is still so much to do. In actuality, we do have quite a bit to accomplish, but we are moving along at a nice leisurely speed.

What gets me are the people who have gotten engaged recently and have just as much - or more - planned for their weddings that are just as far off as mine! Makes me feel like even more of a slacker. :)

My big thing lately has been to get organized. The wedding binder is looking good, budgeting spreadsheets have been laid out, checklists created and timelines drafted. I am in a good position. I just need to move forward!!

To feel a little better about what I have accomplished, I am going to do a little inventory.

Things I have to date:
  • A date/time: September 18, 2010
  • Ceremony site: Southland Christian Church (where we both grew up)
  • Reception site: Keene Run Golf Club
  • Caterer: DaRae and Friends
  • Wedding Party: Check (sans a few of the ceremonial roles/ushers)
  • Minister: Todd Tyler (close to Jacob and the Kelly's)
  • Color scheme: emerald green, dark orange, white
  • Photographer: Mary Lashbrook
Things I have ideas about:
  • Invitations
  • Programs
  • Centerpieces
  • Reception/ceremony decor
  • Ceremony components
  • My dress
  • Wedding party attire
  • Flowers
Goals to accomplish before Christmas 2009:
  • Research and hire a DJ
  • Research and hire a florist
  • Make a decision about a cake and hire a baker
Also along the way, I have bought misc. items that we will need for the big day. Things like crafting supplies (bone folder, paper cutter, corner rounder), dessert serving set (super cute orange/green set from Pier One), dried grasses and berries for a centerpiece at the reception, etc.

The many ideas out there are a bit overwhelming...I think it is my fear that I will get the whole thing planned and then have some totally other ideas come into mind. And then what will I do??! I think the only thing is to make my decisions and stick with them...no matter what else may come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment