Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bridesmaids: two down, six to go

One of the first places I ever looked at wedding gowns and bridesmaids dresses was Bridal and Formal in Cincinnati, OH. It is a wonderful store with TONS of dresses and many lines. In short, I was spoiled with selection.

As you know, I am having each of my eight bridesmaids choose their own style of dress for the wedding. Awesome plan and I think it will look AWESOME, however, the time that goes into making this a reality is much more than I anticipated! Perhaps it would not be as difficult if there were shops in Lexington that sold more than a few dresses from the line I chose for the bridesmaids (Forever Yours).

Wanting these dresses ordered in January, and it being a rough time of year for scheduling (aka school, holidays, etc.), I have to have multiple trips to Cincy for the girls to browse and choose their dress. The first of such trips was yesterday. Erin, Katie and I headed up yesterday afternoon for a last minute shopping extravaganza. And within an hour, both had dresses chosen!! So exciting!

Katie's dress (left) is super cute and very different. I absolutely love the top of it! The weird length of the dress will be hemmed shorter - to the knee, and the dress will be in emerald green.

Erin's dress (right) is also super cute and is a halter! I love this dress and it is very classy looking. It will also be in emerald green.

Thinking that strappy silver shoes will look best with these dresses...especially next to the gray tuxes the guys will be wearing (and Jacob wants the guys to have a matching emerald green tie).

Both images are from http://www.foreverbridals.com/.

The next shopping trip is two weeks away. Anna, Crystal and Hilary will be choosing their dresses that day!

Cannot wait to see what everyone chooses.

No comments:

Post a Comment