Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Say YES to the Dress!

I ordered my wedding gown yesterday! The wedding, though nine months out, is starting to feel so official.

Sadly, I will not be able to put a picture of the dress on here because I do not want Jacob to see it prior to our wedding day. However, I can tell you to be prepared to be amazed!

With my mum's fabulous connections with Ruth's Bridal here in Lexington, I ended up scoring the dress of my dreams for $100 less than the same dress at the shop in Cincy AND I was given an extra discount on top of that!! In all, I easily saved $175. That rocks! Oh and the best thing of all, the dress may not need any alterations once it makes it in (mid-May). Seriously good news!

When placing my order, I went ahead and added the charge to have the dress preserved after the wedding. This is a very interesting concept to me...you pay $160 or so to have your dress cleaned, pressed and put into a box that you will ultimately store in your attic. Not knowing what else I would do with the dress, this seemed like a good plan to me.

I think my next stop with the wedding attire will include shoes, the undergarments, the veil and headpiece. I have ideas swirling in my head for each of these. Most importantly, if anyone sees cute kitten heel shoes, preferably in green, please let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment