Monday, December 21, 2009

Seven down...MOH to go

Yesterday, I took a drive to Cincinnati with my mum; youngest sister Kimberly; soon to be mother-in-law, Debbie; and sister-in-law, Rachel. What a good trip! Not only did we have a blast, but both of the girls chose their dresses to wear in the wedding. Success!!

Kimberly will be wearing this dress (right). I really like this dress! It will look stunning on her. And Rachel will be wearing this dress (left). Another super cute dress. Cannot wait to see it in emerald green! Both of these dresses were classic choices that can be traced back to the original dress shopping trip. I love both of them!

So then there was one. Seven of the girls now have bridesmaid dresses. So much fun! That leaves one. Trish, my MOH (Maid of Honor) is planning a trip to Lexington New Year's weekend so we can do a little shopping. I would love to make her dress look a little different in some way. I wonder what it would look like, if she chooses a dress with a sash or something, if the sash was a different color than the typical emerald green of the rest of the dress. Opinions? I guess it will really just come down to which dress she chooses. More on that later!

Once Trish has chosen her dress, I will lay each of the dresses out so we can look at them as a group. I think they will be the best looking (and best dressed) wedding party of 2010!

PS, I have decided that silver shoes are the best option. I think a silver satin shoe will do the trick. Hilary has found lots of cute ones out in Hamburg...planning an outing with her to take a look! (Note: girls can wear whatever shoes they are most comfortable in...they just need to be open toe/strappy and satin.)

Oh! One other update: I have officially chosen my wedding gown! Love it!! Tried it on for the group yesterday and it was a smash. Mom made an appointment for me tomorrow so I can go ahead and order it. Wow. Ordering my wedding gown. What a surreal feeling!

Coming soon: consultations with florists...ideas...opinions...thoughts... Big decision to be made in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment