Wednesday, March 10, 2010

MUSIC makes the people come together

The latest wedding conversations have revolved around the kind of music we are going to incorporate into the big day. Namely the songs used for reception entrance, father/daughter dance, first dance, cake cutting and so on...

I've always known that the traditional Wedding March and similar fanfare were not for me. When I was younger, I imagined the sounds of Frank Sinatra and Louie Armstrong. Most recently, I have adored the idea of fitting non-traditional wedding acts (such as my beloved Beatles and even Led Zeppelin or Van Morrison) into my wedding music.

Lucky for me, Jacob does not seem to mind too much. Which is great because we have very little in common when it comes to musical tastes (though he has been growing a keener ear toward my classic rock). But to infuse some of his musical taste into the event, we will be incorporating some rap/r&b music. Maybe even some Tupac. Haha! I told Jacob that if he can figure out a way to incorporate Tupac (or other rap act) into the wedding music, I will go with it. I am interested to see what he comes up with.

In fact, it has been kind of fun throwing out random song titles/musicians to each other and seeing how we could incorporate it. We do have a few songs picked out but I cannot share those so they will be surprises! But know, when you come to our wedding in September, you will hear a very eclectic mix...from the Beatles to Queen and everything in-between. Just you wait!

Ceremony
When it comes to ceremony music, we have a lot of those pieces picked out too, or at least in consideration. Again, non-traditional. They will be instrumental (so no popping a CD into the church's sound system and calling it a day).

In addition to a pianist, I am contemplating a mandolin player. Know anyone up for the job?

No comments:

Post a Comment