Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Vintage flower for my MOH

Last weekend, my Maid of Honor (MOH, as dubbed from Anna's pre-wedding days), Trish was in town. Trisha lives in Nashville now so when she is home, I have to snag her for at least a couple of hours so we can catch up and visit our favorite (since high school) hangout: Coffee Times.

Adjacent to CT, and owned by the same woman, is Street Scene; a very fun and eclectic vintage store housing all sorts of goodies from days past. One of my favorite all time finds in that store was a Barbie airplane, made circa 1972. Well that, or the New Kids on the Block sleeping bag I should have bought when I had the chance. That's the thing with stores like that...you let it pass and it is typically gone forever.

Anyway, Trish and I made a quick stop in Street Scene en route to have a cappucino at CT. I told Trish several months back that I wanted to try and find a vintage brooch of some sort for her to wear in the wedding. Since I will have eight girls on stage with me, all wearing various emerald green dresses, I thought this would be a fun way to differentiate her as my MOH. And a great way to showcase our mutual love of vintage things!

While perusing, we came across this brooch:




Needless to say, we found ourselves Trisha's wedding day brooch. I absolutely love the bright orange color of it! Just what I was wanting. It will stand out beautifully against the emerald green dress. And it's just fun!

2 comments: