Monday, March 29, 2010

Center stage

When it comes to centerpieces, I am leaning as far away from flowers as possible. Don't get me wrong, flowers are gorgeous! But they are also rather expensive.

In lieu of floral centerpieces, I scoured the Internet looking for ideas. Nothing really caught my eye. However, there was one blog I found where the bride used all sorts of candles, of varying heights, and brought them together to form a centerpiece. Love this idea! The best part about her centerpieces? Nearly every item she used came from IKEA!

Her mock centerpiece:

Instead of using so many candles (and to save money!), I plan to mix mini pumpkins, from a local orchard, amongst the candles on some of the tables, and add additional tealight candles on other tables.

Erin and I spent some time at IKEA in West Chester over the weekend. I bought a few samples to mix and match my own centerpiece ideas...

This sample photo shows the basic three candle holders (actually drinking glasses from IKEA!) that will anchor the centerpieces of all tables. On these, I plan to use three mini pumpkins in-between the candles.

This sample photo shows the same three candle holders as well as three additional tealight holders.


Now all I need for both are candles! I bought a large bag of IKEA tealights and plan to purchase white votives and pillars for the remaining glasses. I think these centerpieces will create a nice warm glow throughout the room, don't you?

Excited to see how this DIY project turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment