Friday, March 26, 2010

The Cherry on Top

I have mentioned this already, but after the ceremony is over (and some of the photos are finished), the veil is coming off and my fun headpiece is coming on!

You would be amazed at what stores actually charge for these things. I wanted something that I described as a "feathery flower." Something that made a statement without being too large. But every one that I had my eye on cost well over $100, $200 and sometimes $300. That is complete insanity in my book.

Since making the decision to get something like this, I have been searching everywhere. And Etsy has once again proven to be my mecca. There were so many gorgeous headpieces - all for a fraction of what the local bridal shops were trying to sell their stuff for. After several weeks of searching, I found one that I love!

I noticed that several of the headpieces I liked were all made by Jennypickle Designs, on Etsy. Upon looking at her shop, I found "the one!" Of course, it sold before I made a final decision on it. I messaged her and luckily, she was able to make a replica specially for me. AND she completed it today!!

Here are some of her pictures she sent me earlier:


Love it! And it is special knowing it was made specifically with me in mind! Hopefully it will be here shortly so I can try it on!
Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment