Monday, April 26, 2010

Rainy Day Memories


As our engagement photo session has been postponed today due to terrible weather (i.e. cold, windy, rain...), I thought I would share a taste of our wedding tunes with you today.

I'm going to start with one reception moment that often has the most cliche music selection...the father/daughter dance. Allow me to first preface by saying I am not a Butterfly Kisses kind of girl. Not at all. (And no offense to those who have and will use that song in the years to come...my lovely sister Katie included.) Instead, I thought about my Dad, and my relationship with him, to find the song that we would use.

It did not take long to think about The Beatles and their extensive song list. Some of my earliest music memories involve my Dad and his collection of Beatles albums. Whittling down the song options was the toughest part of this selection...but ultimately, I chose In My Life, from the Rubber Soul album. Dad is enthused with this idea. A win-win scenario in my book. Click on the video above to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment