Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Invitation Design Process

I may have told you that I am planning to make my own invitations for the wedding...as well as RSVP cards and programs and other misc. other signage as needed.

To begin this rather intimidating task, I have been looking around at various paper suppliers and the kinds and colors of paper they offer. So many choices! I don't even know the exact color combination I want to use...perhaps varying shades of green or orange with an ivory color?



I have gone ahead and requested numerous samples so I can try a few color combinations together. I would ideally like to create a mock-up of our wedding invitation prior to placing an order of hundreds of sheets of paper.

The template I am using is something I came across online from the Budget Savvy Bride...it will create a pretty basic invitation (see below):


Once the paper comes in, I will take it all to Kinko's for them to cut it to the dimensions I need. And then the assembly process begins! (Print...layer...assemble..done!)

At this point, I am not sure how decorative I will get with these invitations (aka what kind of design will adorn the top of each). I have not come across a design or pattern yet that I particularly like...at least enough to put on our wedding invitations. Maybe I will end up creating something myself? Maybe something like our monogram...or J and K...like below:

We will see how these ideas pan out...

Once I get a little further along in this project, I will definitely share my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment