Monday, April 5, 2010

Take a seat

Are wedding reception seat markers for the bride and groom a have or a have not? I am kind of torn with this DIY project idea...this isn't something I have seen a lot of in weddings I have attended, and the photos I have seen on the Web leave quite a bit to be desired. The ones I have come across are typically labeled with the usual "Bride" and "Groom" or "Mr." and "Mrs." like the ones below:

These are not bad ideas at all; they just do not reflect us as a couple.

I realize we will spend very little (if any) time sitting at our table...thus making seat markers not a super important decor project. But it could be a cute touch (and would reserve our seats for when we do try to sneak a bite to eat!).

If this is something we end up wanting, I will certainly make it a DIY project and will go with "K" and "J" letters...painted in a shade of burnt orange or emerald green and tied to the chairs with a ribbon in a corresponding color. This "theme" would go with another piece of decor I have been DIYing for the wedding...you will see in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment