Friday, May 14, 2010

A day in the life...

So here is something that has been on my mind lately...hiring a videographer was never that important to me. Until recently. The more I think about it, the more I want someone there to capture our ceremony and key reception points on video (er...DVD).

But have you seen the cost of these videographers?! A little more than I would want (or even be able) to spend. Granted, I am sure they do excellent work (editing it all down, adding music, that sort of thing), but I really cannot see a way for that to work its way into our budget.

That said, I have been toying with the idea of someone, a friend or relative or friend of my mom's, to tape the event. Scares me a bit (they may have a shaky hand...or worst case scenario: something similar to what happened at my parents' wedding back in '83 may happen...my uncle was taping it and apparently forgot to put a tape in the camcorder...yikes!), but what other options do I have at this point?

What have you all done? Anyone actually hire a professional to tape your big day? Or have a friend tape it? How did it turn out? I really need some advice on this one...

1 comment:

  1. We had a family friend tape our wedding. He taped the children's performances for church so I knew he didn't have a shaky hand. It turned out good, but to be honest we have only watched it once since we got married. I will probably pull it out on our anniversary (and cry while watching it). It is neat to have the memories on DVD but I agree the prices that professionals charge are really expensive!

    ReplyDelete