Thursday, May 20, 2010

Musings.

We are swiftly approaching the last 100 days of our 18-month engagement. I realized this on Tuesday as I was in Chicago attending a conference for work.

Scary for two reasons: one, just the whole "time flys" realization alone is enough to be frightened (because it is realizing that before I know it, we will be middle-aged...and even...old...) and B) there is still so much to do! I have my own little to-do list (by little, I am referring to a lengthy ten page document that highlights everything I need to do from setting a budget to preserving the dress, laid out in a nice month-by-month organization) I have been following and things have not seemed to be getting checked off lately. We are getting into the detail-oriented/time-consuming aspects of wedding planning...and it is definitely time to dive back in!


Despite being a source for panic attacks, the 100-day mark is something that I am really excited about hitting. Happy for two reasons: A) we are that we are that much closer to starting our life together, happily-ever-after style. We have a house to decorate (once his roomie moves out completely) and two lifestyles to merge. It will be a fun (albeit interesting) process, I am sure. And two, we are getting closer to the wedding day itself! Never has there been so much planning for a single day in our life...it will be a fun time!! And quite honestly, it will be nice to start saving money again (and not just spending it as soon as I get it!).

While I attempt to get re-organized and ready to take on the duties of planning/facilitating our wedding, I will leave you with a few photos from my recent trip:


Isn't the city gorgeous?? This view is from the top of the (Sears) Tower.

The tower has something new...you can stand in a retractable glass box off the observation deck with nothing but a sheet of glass between you and the street 103 floors below. Wow!

This one is just silly...taken from the bottom floor of the great (Sears) Tower.

Those Great Lakes are such a wonder...so much like the ocean! This view is from Navy Pier.

Happy Thursday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment