Friday, June 11, 2010

Last 100 Days

Yesterday, we reached a pivotal point in our 18-month engagement: we reached the 100-day mark. I cannot wait to marry Jacob! In fact, if we could just fast forward to the day after the wedding, where we leave on our honeymoon and start our new life together, I would be happy.

But alas, there is still MUCH to do on the wedding planning front. And it is beginning to make me nervous! Especially as I sit by and watch people whose weddings are a month after mine doing things I am no where close to ready for (including invitations, etc.). A scary reality check to be sure!

I find myself reading our wedding checklist almost daily. I think the luxury of time is drawing to a close as I realize that I need to kick myself into action stat!

Current Wedding To-Do List
Locate missing guest addresses
Create a "do not play" list for the DJ
Decide on ceremony musicians (scariest thought at the moment)
Get the guys situated on the tuxedo rental
Order Jacob's wedding band
Lunch meeting with Todd Tyler (minister)
Purchase my wedding day perfume
Finalize the guest list (scary! We hit a whopping 294 last week...stomach just dropped to my feet)
Buy components of table centerpieces
Determine accessories for various tables (cake table/guest book table/etc) at the reception
Have invitation paper cut
Print invitations
Assemble invitations
Address invitations
Buy stamps (found some FUN ones at USPS.com)
Send invitations
Begin creating program

If I can get all of this complete by the first week in July, I would be happy. There is still a lot to do even after these things are taken care of! Yikes!

But I must say that I have finally come to grips with the fact that things will go wrong or not turn out exactly as I "plan." And I am ok with it. As long as by the end of the day, we are together.

I am going to leave you today with a great movie ending...Jacob and I thought it was hilarious. It is from The Graduate. We went to the Kentucky Theatre the other night to see it during the Summer Classics Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment