Thursday, January 28, 2010

Soaking up the sun in ???

Jacob decided on our honeymoon destination! He is booking our flights this week. For those of you who didn't know, we decided early on in the wedding planning process that the destination would be kept a secret from me; a surprise to look forward to during the insanity that is wedding planning.

Having a fiancé who is willingly, and lovingly, taking the reins and getting this dream vacation planned for me is divine. I love that he wants to surprise me with this. I literally do not want to know where we are going until we are on the plane on September 19. It is kind of nice not having to worry about this, as I am up to my eyes in other details.

Seriously, I cannot tell you how excited I am about this trip. I could not tell you the last time I took a serious vacation...aside from the weekend roadtrips with friends. Getting away from it all and starting our marriage off on a beautiful getaway sounds absolutely perfect to me. Best of all, we plan to attack the pile of boxes already at Jacob's (my belongings) and get situated prior to the wedding so we can fly home and just "be" before diving head first back into work (and legally changing my name, and those other fun post-wedding projects).

The one thing I do know about the destination is that it is a tropical locale. (Don't worry, insurance and other precautions will be taken should a sudden September hurricane arise!) So come September 19, we will be soaking up the sun on an exlusive beach somewhere, margaritas in hand. Oh and wishing my new brother-in-law a very Happy Birthday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment