Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I love Etsy!

I have long heard about this mecca (Etsy) on the Internet that allows people to make goods and sell them, like an Ebay for creative people (and we all know how I love Ebay!). When I finally made time to check it out, I was bummed I hadn't gotten into it sooner!

My first order of business was to look for a wedding day necklace. In lieu of the traditional pearl and diamond look, I am seriously considering something a little more funky. I think this could look really cool, especially since my dress is relatively simple. I am thinking something green...here are a few examples of what I like at this point:


What do you think of these? If I opt for a necklace like one of the above, I will probably use simple pearl stud earrings (or something similar).

As for my hair, I am planning on a traditional veil for the ceremony/some photos. As soon as that is over, I will be losing the veil for something a little less rigid and much more fun. I really like the idea of a feathery flower clip, like some of the images below. But I have also come across a really cool rhinestone headband that may look neat... Take a look:

Opinions? I am definitely going to keep looking to see what else I can find on Etsy!

I have also located some really neat fabric (in various shades of orange and green) on Etsy that would make for great tablescapes at the reception. Lots of inspiration!

And last, but certainly not least, I have been looking through Etsy for bridesmaid gift inspiration. I will not show my ideas on here simply because I don't want to let a secret out! But I can say that I may have found the best gift ever!! I am ordering a sample today or tomorrow so I can see it in person before making a final decision. I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment