Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"So much of life, it seems to me, is determined by pure randomness."

I realized the other day that I had yet to post pictures of my sample bouquet charms I created. Please note this is purely a sample (thus does not look spectacular)! During this trial run, I did not spread the glue out like I should have, which created unsightly bubbles under the marble. And I did not have a circle hole punch, so the circle was cut freehand (and not very well). I have since purchased one that will make the charm making a much simpler process.


I must say that this DIY project turned out pretty decently, all things considered. Now I just need to determine which photos to use for my girls and begin the creation!

The other day, I got out my box of wedding-related items and came across two things I purchased a while back for the big day:

Serving set to cut the cake: snagged this beauty up on clearance at Pier One at the end of last summer. Love the bronzy color!! And these will be fun to use post-wedding.



Baskets to hold the programs: found two of these at Michael's at 50 percent off. Will be useful after the wedding to hold extra rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom or hand towels in the guest bathroom.


Oh and speaking of programs and such, I am not sure if I mentioned it or not, but we have finally chosen what I have dubbed as our "honor attendants." You know, the program hand-outers, ushers, readers, guestbook attendant, etc. Here they are:

  • Reader one: Christie - she and I have been friends since junior year in high school when we met on a CIY trip. Love her! I am not sure yet what she will be reading, but we all know she will do it with style. Oh! And Christie is also choreographing a dance for Jacob and I for our first dance. God love her for taking on this next to impossible task.
  • Reader two: Jacob - Jacob is one of my cousins and I am thrilled he will be reading in the wedding. What is funny about Jacob is his name (Jacob Ryan) is the opposite of my Jacob's name (Ryan Jacob...yes, Jacob's real name is Ryan but he goes by his middle name). We have not chosen a reading for Jacob at this point either.
  • Guest book attendant: Kelsey - She is one of Jacob's cousins.
  • Program hand-outer (is this even a word?): Ben - He is one of my cousins; Jacob's brother actually.
  • Ushers (yes, we are adding even more people to wedding party by not having the groomsmen usher guests to their seats BUT we are adding dear cousins to the wedding by doing so!): Billy (my cousin...and he was born exactly four days after me; our moms were in the hospital together); Adam (my cousin - Billy's brother); Kyle (Jacob's cousin and Kelsey's brother); and Ryan (Jacob's cousin and Kelsey and Kyle's brother).
As most of the major details are planned, I now need to sit down with my various lists and countdowns and get organized on that front. That is my plan for this week: re-organize myself. Time to take inventory again!

No comments:

Post a Comment