Monday, February 22, 2010

The New First Look

Ever since I was a little girl, I imagined what walking down the aisle on my wedding day would be like. Especially that moment when the church doors open and the music begins...and your groom sees you for the first time. A very surreal moment I am sure.

The wedding "first look" has certainly evolved since those days. There are still plenty of brides out there who prefer to wait until the walk down the aisle to see their groom (I always thought I would be one of them), but more and more brides are doing what is called a "first look" that allows the bride and groom a few special moments together to connect before the festivities begin (captured by a photographer of course!).

Ideally, the "first look" would involve the groom waiting in a room or chapel with his back to the door. When the bride enters, the groom either turns around or he waits until the bride comes up behind him before turning around. Either way, I have heard it is a very sentimental moment.


Photo from http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/.

The more I thought about it, the more it made sense to do a "first look" on our wedding day. Not only would it give us a chance to see each other before the wedding began, but it would tremendously cut down on the time needed post-ceremony for wedding photos. (Translation: the wedding party could leave immediately following the ceremony.)

I do not want a lot of photos taken at the church (despite the strong sentimental value of SCC, there is not much by way of curb appeal...inside or out...), and would rather have a bit of time post-ceremony to book it to the reception site/start taking photos at the golf course. There are so many cute ideas for wedding golf photos! See below:


No comments:

Post a Comment