Monday, March 15, 2010

My Understanding a Southern Wedding Tradition...

A southern tradition, the groom's cake allows for some variety on the traditional wedding cake. As such, many of these cakes are chocolate or of some other dessert variety (I have heard of people using cheesecakes, chocolate covered strawberries and such). However, my experience with the groom's cake is limited. Not every wedding I have attended has had one...and the ones that did, it was merely a typical "cake" with a sports theme (or other groom interest theme).

Since our wedding cake is non-traditional as it is (chocolate iced), I have had a difficult time coming up with the best creation for our groom's cake... However, considering Jacob's interests (and tastes), I am heavily leaning toward a cookie cake for our groom's cake.


As many know, Jacob and I are major sweets lovers...and the Great American Cookie Company is a regular haunt for us when we are trying to satisfy a sweet tooth. They make the most delicious cookies cakes...in a variety of sizes. The shape/style/design of the cake I am thinking of is still TBD. I will need to consider those options here soon!

If going this route, I need to find a creative way to display this cake...ideas are welcome!

I think what confuses me about the groom's cake: how many servings should you expect to get out of it? Do more people eat the groom's cake over the traditional wedding cake? Less? Since GACC is not a traditional bakery, they will more than likely not know the answers to these questions. So that means I will have to guess on this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment