Monday, March 22, 2010

Wedding Shoes...take two!

Before the New Year, I thought I had found my dream wedding shoes. The rhinestone buckled silver shoes were absolutely gorgeous! The only negative was their height. At (at least) three inches, the heels on these shoes proved to be several inches too tall.

See, my dress is being hemmed before I even see it the first time (to save on alteration costs later), so to my dismay, Diane (at Ruth's) told me the three-inch heels were a no-go. Which I guess worked out because Jacob was not particularly fond of the shoes' height either. Diane suggested I find shoes that stood at an inch or just over to ensure the dress length will fit properly. At the time I figured that would be a breeze.

Since that fateful day in January, I have been searching high and low for wedding shoes. As you might suspect (or already know), low-heeled shoes that are DRESSY and CUTE are extremely hard to come by. Don't get me wrong, I adore ballet flats and kitten heels (I wear them at least four days a week), but when it comes to wedding day shoes...there is not much out there. Especially when you consider that I was hoping to wear shoes in a fun shade...maybe in green or orange. And they also needed to be something I would wear again.

My searching paid off when I went to DSW with Jacob's mom (Debbie) last week over her Spring Break. I found a pair of low-heel, casual sandals that would definitely be worn again. They are gold (completely random and not at all what I was originally thinking) and could seriously be worn at the beach or to a wedding. Versatile. And the low heel, though not super glamorous, will really prove to be the better choice for September 18...considering I will be on my feet for a very long time. I fell in love with them right away!

Take a look:


What do you think?? I love them! A big thanks to Debbie for getting them for me!!! (Thank you!)

Here is another photo...please excuse my feet!! They have not been pampered in a while (haha) and the polish really needs to come off. And I do not know I was holding my toes up...strange. But the shoes look good!!


DIY Fun!
One of my wedding projects included writing on the bottoms of my wedding shoes. I came across this idea on a wedding blog I follow...what a super cute idea! I picked out glittery blue stickers in a fun font and set to work this weekend after the shoes were official!

Check them out:


I think they turned out really cute! A super simple DIY project to add a little flair to the wedding shoes. And...they can be my something blue!!

Happy Monday.

2 comments: